Witton Albion JFC

Witton Albion JFC
Last update: Tuesday 25th June 2019 @ 18:25
Visitors this week: 695
BBC Weather

Team Sections

Find us at...

Team Index


  • Nicola Bogue (Manager)

  • M:07734347274 send an email to Nicola
  • Paul Walker (Assistant)

  • M:07973796908 send an email to Paul
  • Ken Price (Assistant)

  • Steve Hayes (Assistant)

  • M:07517208322 send an email to Steve
click to enlarge

Under 13 - Warriors

click to enlarge

Back To Winning Ways

(Nicola Bogue 06/05/2019)
After the extended break over the Easter period it was good to get back to playing games as we complete our fixtures for the season.

This was the 25th league game of what has been a long season in Division 4. The game against Hartford Stags was played on the 3G pitch. The pitch played rather fast in the dry conditions and both teams struggled with the pace of the ball and difficultly controlling the ball.

Hartford set up playing four at the back and their midfield sitting just in front which presented the Warriors with a challenge to break down the stubborn defending.

In the 3rd minute a good chance fell to Robbie but he shot wide. After 11 minutes Liam’s shot was well saved by the Hartford keeper low down. Hartford were frustrating the Warriors and took the lead totally against the run of play in the 15th minute. A long distance shot flew over Mason into the goal. 0:1.

It didn’t take the Warriors long to get back on level terms. In the 18th minute Ewean was fouled on the edge of the Stags area. Surprisingly the Stags put defenders close to the goal line which allowed Harry to stand directly in front of the keeper. Robbie scored directly passed the unsighted keeper with a dipping shot. 1:1.

Three minutes later and the Warriors took the lead. A fine passing move involving Ciaran and Ewean unlocked the Stags defence. Robbie was about to pull the trigger on a close range shot but was tackled. The ball rolled to Harry and he powered a shot past the keeper. 2:1.

HT 2:1

In the 33rd minute Ewean took a free kick but the shot was deflected wide.

The Warriors were awarded a penalty after 40 minutes. Harry, who was fouled, took the penalty but shot too close to the keeper who made the save.

Ewean made a good interception in the 42nd minute and played in Liam but he shot wide.

With the tension rising the Warriors were looking for the third goal to provide a margin. It came in the 43rd minute with Ewean setting up Harry to score.

Lucas was unlucky not to score after 53 minutes. Liam cross appeared to stick under his feet, and he couldn’t get the power on the shot which was saved.

Full time 3:1

Man of the match was awarded to Brad. Playing against his future team mates he put in a fine performance with energy and effort and after recent issues had chosen to play with the Warriors to the seasons end.

Next we have two games against Congleton Rovers Blue to complete the seasons fixtures.